- 1. Where is the airport’s lost and found office? Who do I call?
Who to call regarding lost and found items is determined by which part of the airport the lost item was found in. See the Port Authority Police Department Lost and Found Custodian for more information.
2. What services are available to people with disabilities traveling through JFK?
For services relevant to travelers with disabilities at Port Authority airports, please refer to our information on accessibility services.
3. What is Traveler’s Aid? Where can I find more information?
Traveler's Aid, the not-for-profit organization, furnishes both professional and volunteer staff who provide emergency assistance to customers (1) who are lost, confused, uncertain, or otherwise distressed (2) who have lost airline tickets or traveling papers (passport, visa, certificate of birth, etc.), (3) with insufficient funds, (4) separated from traveling companions, (5) disabled or elderly traveling alone, or (6) who incur other circumstances which would preclude them from continuing on to their final destination.
Services to be provided include, but are not limited to, connecting stranded or lost international passengers with support resources such as contacting the consulate of their native country, family members and arranging for temporary housing, emergency food or clothing and/or referral to local social services agencies.
You can find Traveler's Aid Volunteers at the Welcome Center in each terminal at JFK. Their office number is (718) 656-4870.
4. How can someone be paged?
Please go to your airline's check-in counter to page someone in the terminal or call one of the numbers below:
- Delta/Terminals 2 and 3 passengers: (718) 704-2473
- JetBlue/Terminal 5 passengers: (347) 545-3556
- Terminal 7 passengers: dial x3590 from a house phone
- Terminal 8 passengers: (718) 487-7300
5. Where can I find more information about airline clubs and lounges at John F. Kennedy International Airport?
As airlines operate their own clubs and lounges, passengers should check with the airlines operating out of JFK airport for the locations and access policies to their lounges.
6. Are there places at JFK airport to store baggage?
Regarding baggage storage, please contact your air carrier. There is one baggage storage location on-airport in
Terminal 1. Please call (718) 751-2947 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. for pricing and other specifics on storing baggage there.
7. How can I register a complaint about aircraft noise?
To register an aircraft noise complaint, please click here to electronically file a noise complaint for call the Airport Noise Complaint Hotline at 1-800-225-1071.
8. Where is smoking permitted at the airport?
Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside each terminal.
- 1. What does it cost to use AirTrain and where can I purchase a ticket?
Connecting to or from JFK with AirTrain costs $5 each way (children under 5 ride free). Payment is made at Howard Beach or Jamaica Station using a Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard. For more information, please see Cost & Tickets.
2. Are any discounts or reduced fees available for AirTrain?
A 10-trip AirTrain MetroCard is available for $25.00 and 30-day and Monthly Unlimited Ride MetroCards for AirTrain are available for $40. These are the only reduced fee MetroCards for AirTrain. For more information, please see Cost & Tickets.3. How frequently does AirTrain arrive?
AirTrain arrives and departs every 10 minutes from most stations during peak airport travel periods. For more detailed information, please see To & From JFK...
4. How long does it take to get to the JFK airport?
Travel time between JFK and your location varies.
Here are a few sample trips:
- NY Penn Station via LIRR - 35 minutes
- Most parts of NYC via subway - 60 minutes
- New Hyde Park, Long Island via LIRR - 25 minutes
- Huntington, Long Island via LIRR - 52 minutes
- Ronkonkoma, Long Island via LIRR - 71 minutes
Sample travel times include a 5-minute transfer between the LIRR or subway and AirTrain.
5. What do I do if I forgot an item on AirTrain?
Speak to any Red Jacket (Customer Care Representative) in any AirTrain station and throughout the airport. You can recognize them by their red jackets. You can also call Lost and Found at 718 244-4225.
6. Can I use AirTrain to go from JFK to LaGuardia?
No. Passengers will continue to use the Airport Express buses from the airline terminals to get to LaGuardia Airport. For more information, please go to Airport Connections.
7. Can I use AirTrain to go from JFK to Newark Liberty?
Passengers can take AirTrain to Jamaica Station and connect to LIRR for New York Penn Station. At Penn Station, they can transfer to NJ TRANSIT or Amtrak trains for the Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station. From there, AirTrain Newark will take them to the airline passenger terminals...
8. How to contact us?
- For urgent AirTrain travel information outside normal business hours call: 877 JFK-AIRTrain (535-2478).
- To report suspicious activity, call: 800 828-PAPD (7273).
- Port Authority Police: 718 244-4335
- Lost & Found: 718 244-4225
Sometimes we just have to let things do